Research Shows Microphones are the #1 Audio Product for Content Creators – Know How to Choose the Best One for You
More people than ever are sharing their talents by creating podcasts, making music, streaming, and gaming. According to the latest research from Futuresource, long-term partner of Shure, 2 in 5 people across the globe are content creators, with more than 40 million people in the world identifying specifically as audio content creators – individuals producing content that requires studio quality audio.
These individuals spent more than 75% more money on their passion projects in 2020 compared to 2019. And, even as the world has slowly reopened to more typical routines, creators aren’t slowing down.
Based on Futuresource’s data, most content creators (65%) shared that they expected the time they spend on their work to increase over the next 12 months. More than half (59%) of those same individuals are already spending more than three hours a week crafting content.
The study also found that creatives are bringing their passions to life through all types and styles of content. The 40 million+ audio content creators are making music, DJ’ing, beat-making, crafting social content and videos, podcasting, and streaming their video gameplay.
When making great content, it is paramount that creators understand how to capture the best quality audio. That’s why nearly half (45%) of creators have invested in new equipment to improve their audio over the last year. To make this vitally important decision easier, Shure has developed an easy-to-follow visual guide to direct anyone to the best mics for their specific needs, including the new MV7X and MV88+ Stereo USB microphones, detailed below.
NEW! MV7X Podcast Microphone
- Best For: Podcasters, Streamers, Radio hosts, and Musicians with Audio Interfaces – Perfect for Professional and Home Recording Studios
- The MV7X Podcast Microphone is an XLR-only dynamic microphone with a cardioid pick-up pattern that features Voice Isolation Technology, is compatible
- with all audio interfaces, and serves as a professional solution for podcasters and musicians.
- SKU: MV7X Retail: $289.00 | MAP: $229.00
NEW! MV88+ Stereo USB Microphone
- Best For: Musicians, Beat Making and Sampling, On-The-Go Producers and Sound Engineers
- The MV88+ Stereo USB Microphone is a compact, easy-to-use, and versatile microphone that can record vocals and a variety of instruments directly to a Mac or Windows computer. Using the free ShurePlus MOTIV™ Desktop App, users can select from various pick-up patterns (Mono, Stereo, Bi-Directional, and Raw Mid-Side) as well as set Gain, Limiter, Compression, EQ, and Monitor Mix.
- SKU: MV88+STEREO-USB | Retail: $329.00 | MAP: $259.00
For more information on Shure’s collection of premium microphones for all types of content creation, visit shure.com.