Shure Designer system configuration software makes onsite installation and project management of complex AV systems simpler. This free software lets you configure audio routing, features, and settings between networked Shure products for more efficient deployment and consistent results.
For many users, AV network management is a critical part of overall network security. That’s why Designer version 4.5 includes new features that enable greater control of the services that Shure networked devices are able to access. While these services are essential during the initial installation and setup of networked microphones, audio processors, and loudspeakers, they may not be required during normal operation.
How to Control Services in Designer Software
Designer 4.5 software adds a Services tab that provides convenient access to straightforward controls to enable or disable the following network services:
- HTTP: Allows access to the device’s browser-based application.
- mDNS: Allows the device to be discovered by the Shure Web Device Discovery application.
- Command Strings: Allow third-party control systems to monitor and control the device.
The Services tab in Designer software
Depending on the design of the AV system, these services may or may not be needed during regular operation. By disabling services, IT administrators and technicians can prevent access to Shure devices by unauthorized users or devices on the network.
Designer software works with the following Shure networked audio products:
- ANIUSB-MATRIX USB audio network interface
- IntelliMix P300 audio conferencing processor
- IntelliMix Room DSP software
- MXA310 table array microphone
- MXA710 linear array microphone
- MXA910 ceiling array microphone
- MXA MUTE network mute button
- MXN5-C networked loudspeaker
The following products are not supported by Designer software, but include the Services tab in their browser-based user interface:
- ANI22 audio network interface
- ANI4IN audio network interface
- ANI4OUT audio network interface
By making it more convenient to enable and disable network services, Designer system configuration software provides enhanced control and greater confidence for AV/IT managers while preserving the outstanding audio performance that Shure products are known for.
Questions about using Designer software with Shure networked audio products? Contact our award-winning Applications Engineering staff.